Welcome to Trico Centre Summer Day Camps!
Make this an unforgettable summer and register your children for Trico summer camps! After a long winter we know that everyone is ready for a summer full of fun. Things may look a little different this year, but we will provide the high quality and safety that our families can rely on. Children ages 3-14 can join us for a summer of sports, games, field trips, crafts, outdoor activities and of course making new friends. We are offering a variety of summer camps this year and know that our energetic and highly trained leaders will make sure your child has the best summer ever!
Please note, we are not running our day camp volunteering program this year. We look forward to welcoming you back in summer 2022!
3-5 YEARS OLD
Backyard Fun: There are so many things to explore and discover in our own backyard. Through the week we will enjoy outdoor play, digging in the dirt, learning about bugs, animals and where they like to live, through scavenger hunts and nature exploration.
Nature Explorers: Come and join us to explore nature and the amazing with the world around you. This camp offers rich sensory experiences and connects children with a deeper understanding of nature. A variety of activities will be offered throughout the week such as observations of plants and animals, nature journal, gardening and nature crafts.
Boredom Busters: This camp is the perfect place for your child to be actively engaged through sports, games, arts and crafts, stories and much more.
Squishy Squasy Science: Kids will be asking how, where, and why as they learn to think like scientists! Hands-on messy fun will allow you to explore your inner scientist through games, crafts, and hands-on experiments.
5-7 YEARS OLD
Summer Frenzy: A fun-filled, action-packed camp. Children will experience a variety of activities, including arts and crafts, games, sports, outdoor activities, making new friends and so much more.
6-8 YEARS OLD
Get Up and Go: Come and have a blast with us this summer! Our fantastic leaders will plan a variety of activities including sports, crafts, games, and outdoor activities.
Sportastic: A full week of sports and being active every day in a non-competitive environment. Activities include but are not limited to soccer, football and ball hockey.
9-12 YEARS OLD
Ultimate Summer Escape: Join us for this action packed camp that will offer a variety of activities including sports, games, art and crafts, outdoor play and more. Our energetic leaders will ensure this is a memorable week for every participant.
Mega Sports: A full week of sports and being active every day. Activities include but are not limited to soccer, football, basketball, floor and ball hockey.
11-14 YEARS OLD
Discover YYC: Join us as we go out on the town. We will learn how to take the bus and C-train around Calgary while discovering local attractions, parks, and community services.
Just For Girls: All girlfriends invited! We will enjoy a variety of activities, from crafts, spa, games, friendship building, fitness, self-care and self-expression. Try something new and build your confidence!
Mach 1: Ready for a multi-adventure challenge? We will experience activities like biking, hiking, and more. Must have a speed bike as camp is offsite most of the week.
What you need to know:
- Camps will run on a weekly basis as we work to keep our cohorts as safe as possible while continuing to follow AHS guidelines. As Covid information and restrictions change frequently, updates will be provided to parents if required.
- Full day camps run from 7:30am-5:30pm.
- Half day camps (preschool) run from 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00-4:00pm (no lunch care available).
- Our day camps will operate under the current guidelines set out by AHS.
- Children are required to complete a health assessment prior to entering the program.
- Children will remain with their cohort throughout the day.
- To further assist in keeping the space safe and healthy parents or guardians will not be permitted to enter the program.
- Low ratios in camps (Children 3-5 ratios 1:8 | Children 5-12 1:12 | Youth 11-14 1:15).
- Summer day camps operate July 5th – August 27th 2021 (registration is weekly).
- Space is limited and registrations will be approved on a first come first serve basis. If a camp is full please place your child on a waitlist and you will be contacted if a space becomes available.
Day Camp Cancellation Policy:
If you withdraw six days or more prior to camp start date a cancellation can be processed minus a $10.00 +gst withdrawal fee.
For less than 6 days prior to camp start date a cancellation can be processed and the program credit will be applied to your Trico Centre account.
Note: Trico Centre will be adhering to Alberta Government health and safety measures. If there is a Covid-19 outbreak while your child is attending camp, that requires a camp to quarantine no refund will be issued.
For more information:
Please email email@example.com