Trico Centre has a wonderful Aquatics Facility which includes a wave pool, waterslide, steam rooms (currently unavailable), and hot tub. The aquatics area was recently refurbished with a soft-walk cushioned Myrtha pool liner, brand new hot tub, acoustic ceiling clouds, energy-efficient LED lighting, and new sound system.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2018, the Lifesaving Society awarded Trico Centre's Aquatics Department with the Anne Resek Swim for Life Award for being the one-pool indoor facility that conducted the most Swim for Life swimming lessons in a calendar year.
* Please review our Covid-19 pool protocols prior to your visit: www.tricocentre.ca/covid-19
The schedule may be altered during long weekends, holidays, and school breaks. Check our facility schedules for details.
Trico Centre's pool has a lot of unique features
- extra warm water (29 degrees)
- WAVES (check the Aquatics Schedule to see when waves are on)
- beachfront entry (great for kids and those with mobility issues)
- 316 ft. indoor waterslide with it's own easy exit point. No scary plunges into the deep end!
- wheelchair accessible (the pool has a ramp/beachfront entry, and our hot tub has a wheelchair and lift)
- tot area with lots of toys
- rain curtain (it "rains" in the pool)
- drop-in swim times (see Aquatics Schedule, reserving your spot is now required)
- swim specials (Early Bird, Parent & Tot, Last Hour, Family Fun Swim Night: Aquatics Schedule, pre-book is now required )
Trico Centre offers a full range of swimming lessons programs for individuals of all abilities from 6 months of age to adult.
Public Swim Admissions (reserving your spot is now required)
As a member, you can come for a swim for FREE during our open swimming times. Or as a non-member, you can do the same with payment of an admission fee.
To reserve your swimming time slot - please register with our new Giga Sports Reservation System.
*Please note that all patrons must have an account and pre book seperately to maintain capacity numbers in the pool.
Group Aqua Fitness (reserving your spot is now required)
As part of our Fitness Centre programming, Trico Centre has a huge variety of Group Fitness classes which are free with membership - including Aqua classes like bootcamp and aqua therapy classes. Check our Fitness Schedule for details.
Do you have a large group? Multiple family co-horts?
Consider renting our pool! Please contact our Facility Rentals Director by phone: 403-225-5551 or email email@example.com.
What are your pool Hours of Operation?
Monday - Friday 6:30am-9:30pm (Closure between time slots for full Aquatics areas sanitizing)
Saturday and Sunday 8:00am-8:30pm (Closure between time slots for full Aquatics areas sanitizing)
* subject to change on holidays
What is your withdrawal policy?
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to withdraw yourself or your child from a swimming program.
Six (6) days or more prior to program start date: a withdrawal will be processed less a $10.00 (plus GST) fee per withdrawal. The balance will be applied to your Trico Centre account, refunds may be processed on request. Credits may be used toward any service at Trico Centre and expire 1 year after issue date (exception: Out of School Care)
Less than six (6) days prior or after a program start date there will be no refund.
- Swimming Pool and Hot tub
- Please check the Aquatics schedule, you must reserve your time slot.
What is not open or available yet?
- Steam room
- Pool water fountains
Are you going to run swimming lessons?
- Yes, starting October 16th, we will be offering private and semi-private (families/ siblings) lessons
*NEW* Are the swimming lessons parented or non-parented? And do you run Family lessons?
Based on social distancing guidelines guardians are required to come in the pool with their children from levels Parent & Tot to Swimmer 2. Swimmer levels 3-6 do not require a parent/ guardian in the pool. Family lessons are accepted
Are the Leadership lessons running?
Not at the moment
What is the pool max capacity?
30 patrons per time slot
- Change rooms and showers will be available with physical distancing restrictions in place; AHS standards still require customers to shower head to toe before entering the pool
- Change rooms are sanitized between each time slot
Why are you not offering group swimming lessons? When will you add more?
For your health and safety Trico Centre will not be offering group swimming lessons at this time. We will review at a later date.
Can I book the whole Aquatics facility?
Yes, you can!
Starting October 5th, you can book many of our public swim times for your group. Check the pool schedule and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where can I put the used pool equipment (life jackets, aqua belts, flutter boards, etc)?
Please put them in the cleaning bin when you are done using them and our staff will take care of sanitizing them
Why does the steam room remain closed?
The steam room is too small to successfully keep patrons at a safe distance.
When are masks required?
In our Aquatic area, you must wear a mask whenever you are not actively engaging in a physical activity and/or wet.
For example, masks must be worn:
- In change rooms – except when showering (you can remove your mask before entering the pool area)
- In the lobby or at Guest Services
- When you’re traveling to other areas in the facility
Hot tub requirements?
- In order to use the hot tub, you must pre-book into a pool time slot.
- The hot tub is part of the pool included in the 30-person max.
- Hot tub capacity is 10 people.
- This is to control the flow of traffic in change rooms and on deck.