Before and After School Care
Calgary's Trico Centre provides licensed before and after school care for students in grade 1 to grade 6. Transportaion is provided from Sam Livingston, David Thompson, FFCA Southeast Elementary and FFCA South Middle School. Please review our procedures to ensure everyone stays safe while in our care:
OSC Covid-19 Procedures
We take the safety of the children, patrons and staff of Trico Centre very seriously; this is why we have implemented the following:
Daily Health Screenings
All registrants will undergo a health screening upon arrival, which will include a short symptom-related questionnaire. This screening will help us determine if it is safe for your child(ren) to participate. The screening questionnaires will be held in a secure location for 2 weeks as required by the Alberta Heath Services guidelines. After the 2-week window the questionnaires will be destroyed.
Staff will work diligently with children to incorporate regular handwashing into the programming to ensure that hands are as clean as possible to reduce the spread of germs and promote health handwashing habits.
Cohorts, smaller group sizes, and a focus on outdoor games and activities will encourage responsible social interaction and participation between children. Staff will wear masks when maintaining a physical distancing of 2m is not possible. An example of this is the check-in desk area.
Child care programs may operate in cohorts of 30 people. This includes both staff and children.
A cohort is defined as a group of children and staff members assigned to them who stay together throughout the day. Cohorts cannot mix with other cohorts or be within in the same room/space at the same time, including pickups and drop-offs, mealtimes, playtime, outdoor activities, staff rooms, etc.
Designated room staff are assigned a cohort and must stay with that cohort and not interact with staff or children from any other cohort.
Any person (director, float staff, etc.) who enters the space of more than 1 cohort must wear a mask any time they are in the presence of other staff/children and they must wash their hands (or use alcohol-based hand rub) when entering or exiting each room.
No non-essential visitors or volunteers will be permitted in the OSC program. To further assist in keeping the space safe and healthy, parents or guardians will not be permitted to enter the program.
Trico Centre Out of School care will be creating cohorts based on the schools children attend.
Program Health and Safety Procedures
- Children must wash their hand with soap and water prior to entering their cohort.
- Children should not bring personal items from home into the program.
- Toy washing is conducted daily in a sterilizing dishwasher.
- Staff clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- Every child and staff member are health screened (with temperature check) prior to entering the program.
- Rooms are fogged, with disinfecting spray, every evening after closing time.
Requirements (ie. Masks, sharing of personal items)
- Children are not required to wear masks once they have arrived at their cohort.
- All children will be required to wear masks while riding the bus and in the open areas of Trico Centre while following the best practices set out by AHS.
- During snack and lunch children will be social distanced and children will be instructed not to share food items with anyone.
For more information about Trico Centre's procedures around the facility, please visit our Covid-19 Protocols page
Trico Centre offers an accredited and licensed Out of School Care program for children Grades 1 to 6. Our program offers:
Different rooms for each school group. This allows us to keep our cohorts safer and reduce exposure.
- Weekly gym activities that focus on building your child's physical literacy and fundamental movement skills.
- Daily craft centres support the growth of creative expression.
- Monthly field trips. With our 72-passenger bus we can explore various communities in our wonderful city (these are paused under the current guidelines).
- Full use of the recreation centre, which means we regularly include swimming, skating, and various other recreational activities in our program!
Schools We Service
We are pleased to offer Out of School Care for the following schools:
- David Thompson
- Sam Livingston
- FFCA Southeast Elementary
- FFCA South Middle School
Upon registration each year parents must provide a credit card number or complete a pre-authorized debit form with a void cheque. All payments will be withdrawn on the first of each month. The fees for the 2020/2021 school year are as follows:
- Sam Livingston/David Thompson —1 Component (AM/PM) - $ 375 per month (Bussing included)
- Sam Livingston/David Thompson —2 Components (Both AM and PM) - $500 per month (Bussing Included)
- FFCA—1 Component (AM/PM) - $390 per month (Bussing Included)
- FFCA—2 Component (Both AM and PM) - $510 per month (Bussing Included)
|6:45am - 9:00am||6:45am - 9:00am|
|2:30pm - 6:00pm||12:00pm - 6:00pm|
Full coverage on PD Days. Program runs September to June.
Register quickly, spaces fill fast in our Out of School Care program!
|We welcome Roger to our team this year as our designated OSC bus driver. Roger is a retired City of Calgary driver with 30 years of experience. He has 6 grandkids and loves working with children because they are “fun and uplifting”.|
When space permits, siblings will sit together, singles by themselves, with empty seats between.