The Trico Family
Trico Centre for Family Wellness promotes healthy lifestyles, active living, and seeks to enrich the lives of our employees by providing an engaging and caring work environment where individuals are able (and encouraged!) to participate in and contribute to the success of Trico Centre.
We put our people first and provide our employees and volunteers with opportunities to connect with our patrons and the community, learn, grow and gain valuable work experience. True to our Vision, Mission and Values we strive to serve our communities by inspiring healthy lifestyles through affordable innovative programs, service excellence and hard work, as well as having some fun along the way. With 35 plus years of history in the community as an established respectable non-profit charitable organization we can offer rewarding, volunteer, part-time and/or full-time work opportunities.
As an employee or volunteer you can expect to:
- Participate in our rewards and recognition programs
- Be recognized for milestone anniversaries
- Receive a free family membership or facility usage privileges based on hours volunteered or worked
- Take part in Trico Centre's employee/volunteer fun events such as; laser tag, bowling, skating, family fun days and much more
- Have the benefit of work/life balance and flexible work arrangements
- Enjoy competitive wages and professional development opportunities
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor
Volunteering at Trico Centre for Family Wellness
*Please note that we are not accepting volunteers at this time* Volunteering can be far more than simply doing a good deed. As a Trico Centre volunteer you have the opportunity to work together with our employees and patrons providing support in a variety of ways and in a range of areas such as: our Kids Korner , Guest Services, Child and Youth programs, the Fitness Centre and our Aquatics department.
We ask that all volunteers contribute a minimum of two hours or more per week in their chosen volunteer areas, as well as complete our volunteer orientation and any necessary departmental and organizational training. All volunteers aged 16 or over working within our facility will require a current police security clearance with a vulnerable sector search.
*Please note that we are not accepting volunteers at this time* At Trico Centre, we have lots of volunteer opportunities, for a variety of ages and interests! Contact us and tell us what you'd like to do, and we will ensure you're matched with the right department.
If you're 13 years of age or older, you may opt to be a facility-wide volunteer. Our facility-wide volunteer duties include:
- Fitness Centre: Support our Fitness Monitors in keeping equipment clean and welcoming patrons!
- Kids Korner: Support our staff while directly working with children! (currently not accepting volunteers)
- Children's Recreation Programs: Work directly with children and assist with craft preparation! (currently not accepting volunteers)
- Guest Services: Provide facility tours, program start-up assistance, and special events support!
Make new friends, stay active, develop leadership skills, and gain valuable work experience during our summer camps! Volunteers will be working directly in our day camps while assisting our Day Camp Leaders and, most importantly, being a positive role model for our younger campers! As a day camp volunteer, you'll get to enjoy all of the fun camp experiences and field trips. Pre-register for our Summer Day Camp Volunteer Training. All volunteers must be 13 years of age or older.
Registration begins in March each year and runs until June. All volunteers are required to attend the mandatory summer day camp volunteer training in June in order to volunteer for day camps.
If you're 14 years of age or older, and hold either your Bronze Cross, or Bronze Medallion certification, you may become a volunteer in our Aquatics Department!
As a volunteer in our Aquatics Department, you will:
- Provide direct support with swimming lessons
- Help the lifeguards on deck as a slide or rope monitor
- Assist with tasks such as putting on life jackets
We welcome post-secondary students who are looking to complete practicum hours! Work directly with department supervisors while experiencing hands-on projects at Trico Centre.