Trico Centre has made the extremely difficult choice to cancel all of our summer programs and facility bookings up until August 31, 2020. We remain closed under Provincial State of Emergency orders and are listed in "Phase 3" of the current Provincial "Staged Re-Opening Plan", with no clear date of when that will occur.
As a non-profit, charitable organization, Trico Centre has been severely impacted by the loss of revenue due to this COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in the painful decision to layoff 184 Full and Part Time staff. While we are doing everything we can to survive this shutdown, most of what needs to happen remains beyond our control.
We remain unable to process credits or refunds at this time. We will release a firm policy on how and when these will be addressed when we have received confirmation on when we are allowed to re-open.
We anxiously await clarity from the City and the Province on both dates and essential funding required to be able to move forward and resume regular operations. We continue to thank everyone for their patience and support while we navigate these unprecedented challenges.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 FAQs page for further updates.