APRIL 6, 2021 UPDATE: As per the mandate from the Alberta Government, our fitness centre is closed until further notice.
MEMBERS & PASSHOLDERS: April membership fees will be automatically refunded if paid by credit card or you will be contacted by our Guest Services team.
POOL AND AQAUTICS DEPARTMENT: closed until July 2021 at the earliest.
RENTALS: Any current bookings that are not in line with the current restrictions will be contacted directly. One on one training sessions are still available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SKATING: Skating lessons will resume in Fall 2021.
OUT OF SCHOOL CARE: Our Out of School Care program remains open and is accepting students for Fall 2021!
ONSITE PARTNERS: Green Door Preschool, Kumon Math and Reading Centre, Lifetime Smiles, and Panther Sports Medicine, Massage for Health, will continue operating as per usual.
Thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding during this time, we look forward to a #TRICOTOUGH return.
The safety of our members and staff of Trico Centre for Family Wellness is our top priority.
That’s why we’re committed to:
- Cleaning regularly, especially in high traffic areas
- Wiping down and disinfecting surfaces
- Providing access to hand sanitizer
- Encouraging staff to stay home and away from others if sick
- Adjusting our facility to help everyone maintain physical distancing of 3 meters
- Restricting access to drinking fountains (so please bring your own water)
We need your help to ensure the safety of everyone in our facility:
Masks must be worn at all times in the facility and during exercise. Access to the fitness centre will not be provided without a mask
- Please isolate if you’re feeling sick
- Please maintain physical distancing of 3 meters
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap
- Cover coughs and sneezes and stay home if you’re sick
- Avoid touching your face
Individual workouts only , no pair or group workouts permitted
No sharing of equipment
Fitness Centre Protocols (currently closed)
- Every member/10X passholder is required to complete the COVID-19 Restrictions & Guidelines Acknowledgement prior to entering the Fitness Centre
- Access available to: continuous members, annual members and 10x passholders only.
- Pre-registration for all fitness classes is required through Giga Sports Reservation System.
- Water fountains will be temporarily closed, but bottle filling station is available so please bring your own bottle
- Showers will be temporarily closed
- Lockers are temporarily closed, please come dressed to workout.
- Soft, difficult to sanitize equipment such as TRX suspension, yoga bolsters, foam rollers and covered resistance bands have been temporarily removed from the Fitness Centre and studios
- Studios 2 & 3 are temporarily closed because physical distancing is difficult to maintain in these rooms
- YOGA: Please bring your own yoga mat & props (if desired)
- Masks and social distancing of 3 meters will be require for all in person fitness and group classes. High intensity personal training is exempt.
Individual workouts only, no pairs or groups permitted
No sharing of equipment
Hours of Operation for the Fitness Centre - closed until further notice
For more information about what is available, and not available in the Fitness Centre, please visit the Fitness Centre page
participant drop off only, spectators are not permitted in the facility at this time as mandated by Alberta Health Services
- Arena is open for rental and scheduled public admission. View schedule.
- All participants are encouraged to come with fully dressed, preferably with skates and skate guards on before entering the building. Alternately, skates may be put on in the dressing room if absolutely needed (this is to limit time required in the dressing rooms).
- The dressing rooms will be labeled for capacity and distancing stickers will be applied to the 2 M distancing guideline. Dressing room capacities are to be adhered to at all times.
- Effective February 10, 2021 - participant drop off only, spectators are not permitted in the facility at this time as mandated by Alberta Health Services.
- Each rental group must have a team representative at every ice time who is responsible for ensuring all COVID-19 Guidelines are followed. The team representative must keep a list of all players in attendance at each ice time in-case contact tracing is needed for AHS.
- Arena renters are permitted in the dressing room no earlier than 15 minutes prior to rental start time and exit no later than 15 minutes after your rental time has ended.
- Showers will not be permitted at this time due to following social distancing in locker rooms and 15 minute timeline.
- Rental coaches/team representatives are responsible for sanitizing their own equipment.
Update March 31, 2021
Due to government restrictions, Trico Centre has made the difficult decision to keep the aquatics department closed until at least July 2021. We thank you for your support and patronage and eagerly await your return.
Every member is required to complete the COVID-19 Restrictions & Guidelines Acknowledgement prior to entering the Aquatics area
Access available to: everyone
You must reserve your spot in the pool using our Giga Sports Reservation System
Please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to you pool booking time
Please limit change room time to 10 minutes or less before and after your pool booking time
Water fountains will be temporarily closed, please bring your own water
Coin lockers are temporarily unavailable, please bring your own lock
Limited use of pool equipment, please bring your own if possible
Maximum capacity of the aquatics area is 30 participants (including 10 in the hot tub)
Please place used pool equipment in our cleaning bin after use
Steam rooms are temporarily closed due to the difficulty with social distancing
Masks required in all areas of the facility; unless you are engaging in physical activity and/or wet (you can remove your mask when in shower and on pool deck)
For more information about the changes to our Swim Lessons - please visit our Aquatics page for more information.