Trico Centre Aquatics Department is looking for swim instructor assistant volunteers.
If you are 13 years or older, have completed your Bronze Star or higher, enjoy being in the water, and like to make new friends, you have the opportunity to volunteer with the Trico Centre Aquatics Department and to be part of our great team.
In these exciting volunteer positions, you will assist lifeguards and swim instructors enforce rules, teach lessons, demonstrate skills, communicate to patrons and more. Volunteering with the Aquatics Department is a great way to get experience to put on your resume. If you volunteer at least once a week, you can also get an individual Trico Centre membership with no waiting period! Volunteers also get priority hiring status when a paid position becomes available.
For general information about volunteering at Trico Centre, including requirements and perks, see our Careers page.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Volunteers receive an individual membership to the facility upon a once a week minimum commitment to the volunteer program.
- We aim to hire our volunteers once they are certified and ready to step into the Swim Instructor roll, volunteers will receive priority hiring over external candidates.
How to apply:
Complete the Trico Centre Swim Instructor Volunteer Pre-Screening form.
For additional information, email email@example.com and a member of our Aquatics team will respond as soon as possible.
- Minimum age requirement 13+
- Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion, or Bronze Cross holder
- First Aid, CPR, or AED Certification a definite asset
- Basic Police Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Search mandatory (if 16 or older)
- Enjoys being in the water and working in a busy pool setting
- Likes working with children
Responsibilities could include:
- Life jacket assistance
- Playing games with children
- Assistance supervising children during swim programs
- Demonstrating strokes and assisting with floats and glides
Note: No volunteer will be left unsupervised with children.