If you are 14 yrs. and older, have completed your Bronze Medallion, enjoy being in the water, and like to make new friends, you have the opportunity to volunteer with Trico Aquatics Department and to be part of our great team.
Beginning Fall 2016, Trico Centre Aquatics Department is looking for volunteers. Positions available: Swim Instructor assistants, Slide/Rope monitor.
In these exciting volunteer positions, you will assist both lifeguards and swim instructors enforce rules, teach lessons, demonstrate skills, communicate to patrons and more! Volunteering with the Aquatics Department is a great way to get experience to put on your resume!
Call 403-225-5564 and speak with one of Trico Centre Aquatics Team staff for information on the next training session.
For general information about volunteering at Trico Centre, including requirements and perks, see our Careers page.
- Minimum age requirement 14
- Bronze Medallion or Bronze Cross holder
- First Aid, CPR or AED Certification a definite asset
- Basic Police Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Search mandatory if 16 or older
- Enjoys being in the water and working in a busy pool setting
- Likes working with children
- Availability during hours of operation Monday-Friday, Saturday or Sundays from 9 a.m-7:30 p.m.
Responsibilities could include
- Life jacket assistance
- General cleaning
- Playing games with children and assists with child supervision in swim programs
- Demonstrating strokes and assisting with floats and glides
- Swim program volunteer must commit to entire session
- Monitoring slide and/or rope swing
Note: No volunteer will be left unsupervised with children