General statement- November 9, 2020
It is Trico Centre’s primary concern to provide a healthy and safe experience for all staff, members, and visitors to the facility. To do this, we have been moving forward with a reopening in full compliance with all Alberta Health Standards (AHS) protocols, and, exceeding them where possible, to the best of our ability.
According to AHS regulations we are able to reopen all facility areas; however, we do not feel that we would be able to maintain safety and health protocols within Kids Korner childcare. Our spaces are small, our staffing limited, and the nature of caring for small children while maintaining distancing and cleaning protocols is too difficult to manage in our facility. There is too great a risk to our Kids Korner staff, the children involved, their families, and by extension, our other staff and visitors to reopen at this time. It is our intention to re-open Kids Korner in the spring or fall of 2021, depending on the status of Covid and how we feel we can manage operations.
With over 35 years of experience, Trico Centre's Kids Korner has a great reputation upheld by a strong team of nurturing, qualified staff who are led by Miss Carol. Kids Korner is not "babysitting". We are proud to have a low staff-to-child ratio so that your child can experience playtime with us! Children ages 2.5 and up will enjoy our Big Kid Room on weekday mornings, where we have crafts, story time, games, activities, and free play.
Kids Korner isn't just for members! Anyone can drop of their children while participating in other activities in Trico Centre.
Come see us for more information or a tour; we look forward to meeting you and your kid(s) very soon!
Hours of Operation
* KIDS KORNER IS CURRENTLY CLOSED - Estimated re-open Fall 2021
Monday to Friday
|Extended Hours (must pre-book)|
|Monday to Thursday
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
*Must pre-book for extended hours at least 24 hours in advance by calling: 587-393-9551.
*discounted rate for additional children. Pre-booking is required for evenings and weekends. All of visits have a 2-hour maximum.
|Hourly Rate||10-Visit Pass||30-Visit Pass|
Kids Korner Policies
- The parent/guardian must remain in the building while child attends Kids Korner.
- The maximum stay for children is two hours per use.
- Please bring disposable diapers, Wet Ones and any other items required for diaper changes.
- Please label food items, bottles, and diaper bags.
- Please provide a light snack and drink for your child. It is the parent’s responsibility to feed meals to their child/children before coming to our facility.
- All formula baby bottles must be prepared if the child will require a bottle during their visit.
- Please let us know if your child has any allergies. Nuts, peanut butter or eggs are NOT permitted in the childcare area to ensure that children with allergies are not put in danger.
- No child will be admitted with a cold, flu, fever or any other communicable illness. Should your child become ill while at Kids Korner, the parent/guardian will be notified and asked to pick up their child immediately, so that we may safeguard the health of other children.
You can book childcare by calling 403-278-7542 ext. 237
TRICO AQUA CARE
This Program is currently on hold.
Trico Aqua Care is childcare in the water! Parents are free to leave the facility while your children splash and play safely with a certified lifeguards. Ratios are kept small to ensure safety. Pre-booking is required (min 48 hours). Please call the Aquatics Office at (403) 225-5564.
|1 HOUR||$10.00 / child|
|2 HOURS||$15.00 / child|
LATE PICK UP FEES APPLIES; GROUP PRICING AVAILABLE (10+ CHILDREN)
Hours of Operation
Monday to Thursday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm; 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm; 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Prebooking is required (min 48 hours). Please call the Aquatics Office at (403) 225-5564.