Trico Centre for Family Wellness is a family-friendly facility. Please abide by the Facility Code of Conduct so that the facility can be enjoyed by everyone!
Please show kindness and respect in your words and actions toward patrons, employees, volunteers, and visitors.
Keep your children safe and supervised at all times while in the facility.
Possession or consumption of drugs (including cannabis) or alcohol is prohibited on Trico Centre property.
Anyone under the influence of drugs (including cannabis) or alcohol will be refused entry or be removed from the premises.
Be respectful of those around you... excessive noise is not permitted in the facility.
Shooting of pucks, balls, or other objects in the facility common areas or arena change rooms is prohibited.
Climbing on walls, railings, and play structures is dangerous and not permitted.
Warm-ups (ie: running, stair climbing, calisthenics) in the lobby area, hallway, ramps, or stairs are not permitted.
Heelys, rollerblades, wheeled skate guards, skate boards, and scooters are not allowed to be used in the facility.
Pets are not permitted in the facility. Service animals are welcome!
Please use garbage and recycling receptacles located in all common areas.
Unauthorized sales or distribution of food, beverages, goods, or services is prohibited.
Raffles or lotteries must be pre-authorized by Trico Centre Management and must be licensed.
- Strollers, outdoor footwear, food, drink, and photos are not permitted in the change rooms, or on the pool deck.
- All swimmers must take a cleansing head-to-toe shower, with soap, including hair, before entering the pool or hot tub
- Individuals with a history of diarrhea within the last two weeks are not permitted to use the aquatics area, as enforced by Alberta Health Services.
- Those under the influence of alcohol, other intoxicants (including marijuana), or who have a communicable disease or infection are not permitted to use the aquatics facility.
- Young children, or anyone who is incontinent must wear aquatics specific swim diapers and plastic pants in order to minimize the introduction of contaminates into the pool.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a guardian 16 years of age or older. The guardian is responsible for direct supervision of the children and must be in the water to assist immediately.
- A guardian may supervise a maximum of two children who are under the age of 8 and not wearing life jackets. A guardian may supervise a maximum of 4 children who are under the age of 8 and wearing life jackets.
- It is strongly recommended that unsupervised children aged 8 and up swim with a buddy.
Thank you for supporting Trico Centre Aquatics policies. Your support enables us to ensure a fun, enjoyable, safe, and clean experience for all of our patrons.
Safety is our top priority. For more information, visit our Aquatics page.
• Clean equipment before and after use
• Share equipment
• Sign-up for designated cardio equipment
• Return equipment from where you got it (weight plates, free weights, and functional training equipment)
• Help others if they need assistance
• No perfume or cologne
• Follow Olympic Platform Rules
• Don’t drop free weights
• Wear proper workout clothing (no jeans)
• Wear indoor shoes only
• Wear proper shoes
• Bring your own towel
• Ask a Fitness Monitor for assistance (advice, exercises, spotting, etc.)
• Children under 9 years are not permitted in the Fitness Centre
• Youth 9-11 years must complete a yellow tag orientation & always be within reach of parent or guardian
• Youth 12-14 years must complete a red tag orientation
• For more information on Youth Orientations, please see a Fitness Monitor
- The use of CSA-approved helmet is strongly recommended for all participants
- For all hockey, shinny, ringette, and any other hockey-related activities, participants must wear required gear, including a CSA-approved helmet.
- Food or drinks (other than water in a non-glass container) are not permitted on the ice
- Wait until the ice resurfacer has left the ice, and the gate is closed, before entering the ice
- Profanity and inappropriate behaviour is not permitted
- When the horn sounds, your ice time is over. All participants must vacate the ice immediately
- Report all incidents to the Duty Manager or Building Operator immediately
- If the fire alarm sounds, stop activity and be prepared to evacuate. Listen for instructions from the Duty Manager or Building Operator
- No strollers, wagons, or baby carriers are permitted on the ice
- Trico Centre is not liable for person injury, lost or stolen items, or damage to personal property.
Most of all, remember to play safe, and have fun!
To provide a clean and safe gymnasium for all to enjoy, the following rules are enforced:
- Water is permitted in non-breakable containers
- No food, open drinks, or gum permitted in the gymnasium
- Clean (no outdoor), non-marking, appropriate footwear only
- Strollers are permitted; please clean tires before entry
- Keep children safe and supervised at all times
- Trico Centre is a family facility; please treat all patrons, staff, facilities, and equipment with respect
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our facility safe and clean for everyone's use!
Kids Korner Policies
- The parent/guardian must remain in the building while child attends Kids Korner.
- The maximum stay for children is two hours per use.
- Please bring disposable diapers, Wet Ones and any other items required for diaper changes.
- Please label food items, bottles, and diaper bags.
- Please provide a light snack and drink for your child. It is the parent’s responsibility to feed meals to their child/children before coming to our facility.
- All formula baby bottles must be prepared if the child will require a bottle during their visit.
- Please let us know if your child has any allergies. Nuts, peanut butter or eggs are NOT permitted in the childcare area to ensure that children with allergies are not put in danger.
- No child will be admitted with a cold, flu, fever or any other communicable illness. Should your child become ill while at Kids Korner, the parent/guardian will be notified and asked to pick up their child immediately, so that we may safeguard the health of other children.